Exec reports - Quartermasters
The Quartermasters (there are two) :
- Posts hours for taking out and returning gear.
- Is at the Clubroom reliably, to issue and receive gear.
- Ensures that people taking out gear are treated fairly and have reasonable expectations about when the gear must be back and what if it isn't.
- Keeps track of gear, makes sure it is returned on time, in good shape, buys more if needed, looks for deals on gear, does inventories, tests transceivers.
- Organizes the VOC Fall gear swap and/or ski tuning session.
- Attends the spring MEC Gear Swap looking for deals.
- Is heartless and insensitive in dealing with delinquents, repeat offenders, and gear hoarders.
- A good position for somebody who intends to spend a couple of noon hours every week in the Clubroom, who is organized and is interested in what we are doing with the gear.
Current Exec Report
2009 - 2010
Quartermasters: Piotr Forysinski, Lisa Pittl, Jacob Slosberg, Stephen Mullen
Draft: refer to "5-year gear plan"... likely this needs updating, as our gear funding has increased and we've got a few surprise injections of cheap/free gear
Ski equipment: attempt to standardize the bindings by only purchasing G3 Targa's (note: T/9 versions have aluminum toeplates, and should be avoided like the plague)
Contacts at G3: (bindings & parts, shovels & probes) when new parts are required to maintain our binding fleet, contact Marty Lazarski ([email protected]), or Stephen France ([email protected] They're both in Customer service, and Stephen is ex-VOC (and stoked to help us with gear)
Jacob has contacts with NOLS. (skis & Voile bindings, mountaineering gear, etc). He can fill in the details here: