How to rent gear during COVID
****Gear rental is available FOR CLUB TRIPS ONLY****
If you are going on an instructional/guided trip (such as AST1) and do not have access to the necessary gear, please send us an email ([email protected] dot com). These rentals will be at the Quartermaster's discretion and dependent on COVID protocols.
The AMS only allows one person in the clubroom at a time so only one person may come to pick up gear, unless there is so much gear that multiple people are needed to carry it. This person must bring the entire deposit with them. Deposits are cash-only.
A) For club trips participants:
- Download and fill out this form, or make a list of the gear needed.
- Email it to your trip leader and discuss with them who will be doing the pickup
- Pay your deposit to whoever will be picking up your gear, ideally in cash but you can discuss
B) For club trip leaders or people designated to pick up the gear:
- Download and fill out this form, or make a list of the gear needed.
- Email the form with the requests of everyone on the trip to the gear email ([email protected] dot com)
- Your email should include:
- Your name
- The filled out form
- Which time slots work for the person picking up gear (see below)
- A quartermaster will contact you to organize a time for pickup.
- You must pay the entire cash deposit so make sure you collect money from your group
C) For non-club trips: Gear rental is not currently available for individuals and non-club trips, with exceptions for AST-1 and similar courses.
D) Gear return: Email the QM's again to set up a time or plan a time when you pick up the gear (see time slots below)
BOOKABLE TIME SLOTS:
In your Email to the QMs, indicate which gear hour(s) work best for you, and they will give you a specific time to come within that hour.
Please arrive on time so that you do not run into the next appointment. We have to limit the number of people who can come or we will get shut down - be on time or loose your spot! Please contact us as early as possible.
If you would like to contact the quartermasters, you can email: [email protected] dot com .
If we aren't busy with gear, we can help you out with VOC membership or VOC library loans, etc.
Gear List (and deposits)
Climbing/ Mountaineering Gear
|Rope||$100||top rope only, not suitable for leader falls|
|Climbing shoes||$40||should fit tightly, but not utterly destroy your feet|
|Starter Trad Rack||$200||0.3-3 Camalots, Double set of GW nuts. For Rock-4 instructors/students|
|#4/#5/#6 C4 Cams||$200||Includes the set of 3. See: Squamish Offwidth|
|"Climbing package"||$100||Harness, shoes, helmet (Note: not for use in the Aviary)|
|Ice tools||$200||Quarks, Cassins, Vipers (*One set only for dry tooling)|
|Mountaineering boots||$40||stiff boots suitable for crampons|
|Crampons||$40||bring your boots for fitting|
|Hiking boots||$40||not suitable for crampons|
|Snow Picket||$20||Various lengths|
|Backpacks||$40||20L - 80L|
|Sleeping mats||$20||Mostly Z-Lite mats|
Snow Sports Gear
- Make sure your skis, boots, poles, feet, skins, all fit together properly before leaving the Clubroom!!
|Telemark skis + skins||$120|
|AT skis + skins||$120||We only have a few|
|Splitboard + skins||$200||We only have three, you need your own snowboard boots and telescope poles.|
|Plastic tele boots||$80|
|"Ski Package"||$200||Skis + skins, boots, poles|
|Avalanche transceiver or beacon||$200||batteries are not included!|
|"Avalanche package"||$280||beacon, shovel, probe|
|Whitewater Kayaks||$200||Includes skirt, paddle, and helmet. You will need to discuss your intentions with us before renting. Rented at Alastair's discretion.|
|Folding ORU Double Kayak||$200||Includes paddle. Rented at our discretion.|
|GPS (Etrex 30)||$40||Comes loaded with some maps|
|Two-way radios||$60||Per pair|
|Canoe||$200||Includes life vests and paddles. Rented at quatermaster's discretion.|
|SPOT locator||$100||batteries not included. (Free for trip leader).|
|Crash Pad||$80||One week rental.|
|Bike Pannier||$60/ea||We have two.|
|Double Portaledge||$500||Metolius Double Bomber portaledge and rainfly. You will need to discuss your intentions with us via email before renting. Rented at our discretion.|
|Haul bag 125L||$100||Metolius Half Dome 125L haul bag.|
Canoe Rental Calendar
This calendar is used exclusively for Canoe rentals/reservations. We make an exception to our 'no reservations' rule since canoe rental involves coordinating a car.
If you are picking up the canoe, you need to bring a friend to help you, as the QMs cannot leave the clubroom during gear hours.
- DEMO: DD/MM/YY to DD/MM/YY; First Name Last Name
- REAL: 14/06/19 to 17/06/19; Jan Hammer
- REAL: 28/06/19 to 02/07/19; Birgit Rogalla
- REAL: 03/07/19 to 12/07/19; Zia Mehrabi
- REAL: 12/07/19 to 19/07/19 Ildiko Kovacs ([email protected])
- REAL: 23/07/19 to 28/07/19; Nathan Roberson
- REAL: 02/08/19 to 06/08/19; Ildiko Kovacs
- REAL: 3/10/19 to 13/10/19; Robert Lachance
- REAL: 10/10/19 to 24/10/19; Joshua Henrich; []; +33 766 54 60 71
- REAL: 24/10/19 to 28/10/19; Douglas Vis (douglasvis at hotmail dot com)
- REAL: 22/05/20 to 25/05/20; Ski to Sea (Either Jackson or Tereza)
- REAL: 15/07/20 to 27/07/20; Linda Kiritchkov (if gear rental is available by then)
Last updated: Sept 11, 2019
- Objectives: to make gear available to all members, to not lose gear, to keep gear in good condition, to maintain a gear plan, to find good deals on gear.
- Club gear is managed by the Quartermasters, who are elected members of the VOC Exec. We appreciate getting help with gear; if you would like to help out, please volunteer to be a Helper. Quartermasters and Helpers follow gear policy
- As Club gear is maintained by the quartermasters and club members, it is subject to the time constraints of busy students. This means the gear you receive may not be in the best condition. You must examine and/or test borrowed gear before you take it on a trip. Report damage to the quartermasters. Usually you can earn a workhike by maintaining or repairing the club gear you borrow.
- Club members (Student Members and Associate Members, but not Honorary Members) can borrow gear for free if they leave a deposit. In addition, after a 3 rental grace period everyone is supposed to do a workhike before borrowing club gear.
Gear Rental Rules
- Using Club gear is one of the privileges of being a fee-paying (Student or Associate) Member. Honorary Members don't pay fees and are not entitled to use Club Gear; presumably by the time you get to be an Honorary Member, you have bought your own gear.
- Members are entitled to use one set of gear at a time, not gear for yourself and your friends (unless they are Members). If your friend needs a beacon and you need a beacon, your friend should join the Club.
- After a 3 rental grace period you are supposed to have completed a workhike. See Workhikes. If you haven’t done yours yet, discuss this with the Gear Person. Usually you can earn a workhike by maintaining or repairing the club gear you borrow.
- Rental is free, but a large cash deposit is required to take out Club Gear. The cash is returned to you when you bring back the gear.
- Gear rental period is for a week. Please bring it back during the week following the week you took it out. Bring it back as soon as you can, as others may be waiting to use it. There may be penalties for bringing gear back late.
- If you need to take out gear for longer than a weekend, discuss this with the Gear Person, who may let you take it out for longer, especially over the Winter Holiday, or Reading Break.
- If you need gear for two consecutive weekends, you may be able to renew your rental for the next weekend, if demand for the gear is not high at the moment.
- Don't try to reserve gear. If you need something, take it before somebody else gets it.
- Look over your gear carefully to ensure it is all there and it will work for you. Check for loose screws in the bindings. Make sure your boots both fit your feet and the skis, and that your skins fit. Check both halves of the pair. People have managed to borrow two left boots, or two boots of different size.
- Return gear in good condition. Boots should be dry. If something broke, tell us about it. If you lost something, be prepared to replace it.
- Don't hog the gear. If you find you are having trouble with returning Club gear, or it has been sitting in your closet for a while, this is an indication that you are using the Club gear without respect for the needs of the other Members. Maybe it's time to get your own gear.
- It is not appropriate to leave gear outside of the clubroom when there are no gear hours.
In the clubroom in the basement of the AMS Nest (NEW Student Union Building), next to the Grand Noodle Emporium, or, more importantly, just around the corner from The Pit. The room number is LL201 if you really want to know. This map will guide you.
All gear is borrowed on a deposit system. When you return the gear, you get your deposits returned. The above tables show the deposit amounts. We don't accept personal cheques for deposits, and we don't do cards or coins, so that leaves paper cash only. Deposit amounts are high to encourage you to bring the gear back.
We Don't Have Tents, Sleeping Bags or Clothing
We don't attempt to provide tents or sleeping bags, as these quickly deteriorate unless they are well cared for and we don't have the personnel to do that.
MEC, an outdoor co-op located in Vancouver, North Van, and Langley, can rent these items to you.
We don't supply outdoors clothing, but sometimes stuff gets abandoned in the Clubroom, so it is worth while to check out the "free bin" from time to time.