Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant
We, his parents, want to keep Neil's memory alive in VOC by awarding a grant to a suitable applicant or applicants who can demonstrate a wish to seek adventure or training in physical outdoor activities, preferably in Scotland, and help them to achieve their objectives. The funding for an adventure will be divided - part funded by VOC fundraising, part by The Neil Mackenzie Trust, and part by the applicants themselves.
- Margaret and Angus Mackenzie, November 2016
Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant 2017
Application Form: 
- Awards of up to $2,000 will be awarded to individuals or members of a party to pursue an outdoor adventure of their choice.
- Grants will cover up to 65% of the total project cost. You need to pitch in or secure secondary funding.
- In exceptional circumstances it may be possible to apply directly to The Neil Mackenzie Trust for help with the secondary funding.
- Any self-propelled adventure, in the spirit of the VOC, will be considered.
- Preference for applications for adventure in Scotland. However if no appropriate application is received other regions will be considered.
- Applications that include the Bothy Challenge are also encouraged.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient technical experience and background to safely complete their proposed adventure (i.e. AST / Glacier School).
- A report on completion must be written and submitted to the VOC Journal as well as a separate report on practicality/comments/suggestions on the grant.
- Grant Awardees are also expected to give a slide show in the fall.
- Open to associate and student VOC members only.
- Individual or small groups may apply.
- Adventures should be executed in the upcoming year 03/2017 – 03/2018
- For group applications: one application should be submitted for the adventure.
- Involvement with the VOC community is considered favourably
- Applications are due by 4:00 pm January 29th, by email to VOC.mackenziegrant at gmail.com
Other applications may be considered out of the main timescale, if money is available and the applicant is traveling to an academic course, conference or other activity. For example if you have a research conference in Edinburgh, you may with shorter notice apply for supporting funds to combine an outdoor trip alongside your conference.
The Neil Mackenzie Foundation (SCO46080) is registered as a charity in Scotland.
== Past Awards ==è 2016 Mackenzie Adventure Grant Winners