Sphinx Reading Week 2017
This trip is now being organized using the classic VOC trip signup tool. We will have a pre-trip meeting Tuesday Feb. 14th at 6PM outside the club room to split into self-sufficient car+tent+food groups based on availability/skiing ability/objectives.
Beyond the pre-trip meeting, the trip will be self-organized among the groups involved.
February 18-26, 2017
You decide how many days you want to come up, and find partners to match.
---UPDATE! Please use the trip page's signup tool rather than the Wiki. I (Elliott) am leaving the info below for reference, but the list below is now superseded by the signup tool----
Place: 1. your name; 2. the dates you are available; 3. how many nights you want to stay; 4. how many car spots you have (total, including driver); 5. your experience level. For example: "Elliott Skierszkan, 3 nights, available between February 18-26, 4 car spots, 3 years ski touring, AST2, G1".
- Elliott Skierszkan, 3 nights, available between February 18-26, 4 car spots, 3 years ski touring, AST2, G1
- Gabe Frame, Very flexible availability, no car spots, 1 short season of experience, will have AST1, have usable but rusty G1 skills
- Julian Schmidt, 3-4 nights including weekend if possible, no car, 4 years ski touring, no formal AST, what is G1? (<- European) => Glacier School training
- Andrew Cavers, no car, 3-4 years ski exp, 4 nights hopefully, AST1, GS1.
- Philippe Le Billon, 3 nights, may have 4 car spots, 15 years AT, AST1, rusty GS1
- Alberto Contreras 3 nights, 19-20th?. No car. 1.5 years touring. AST1. Rusty GS1 (haven't practiced)
- Ragna Halseth, anytime between Feb 18-26, no car, 3 years experience of teleskiing, no official AST but have done the same thing in Norway.
- Kasia Celler, 3 nights?, available February 18-23 (not sure yet), 2 years ski touring, AST1, Sam's Alpine Skills Course
- Noriko Okamoto, 3-4 nights (flexible), 4 car spots/can be a happy passenger, tele since 2010, AST1, rusty GS1
- Cassandra Elphinstone, flexible availability, no car, 4.5 seasons of tele, AST1 equivalent, G1
- Genevieve Savard, prefer 2 nights between Feb 18-21, no car, ~12 days of AT over 2 seasons, AST1, rusty G1