It's hard to learn how to ski in the backcountry, and that's why there's Tele School. Tele school is an instructional lift skiing trip to one of the local mountains near vancouver. Instructors are volunteer VOC members, not professional certified ski instructors.
Students will be split into groups of 4 or 5 based on their ability level and matched with an instructor for the day. Typically everyone meets up for lunch.
- Your lift ticket
- A share of your instructor's lift ticket (split evenly amongst the group, usually 4 or 5 ways)
- gas money (about $5)
- lunch if you want to buy it at the cafeteria.
- Telemark skis
- Telemark boots
- Ski poles
- The usual skiing clothing
This stuff is especially good for instructors.
- Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips Book
- Free heel skiing by Paul Parker (available in the VOC Clubroom Library)