This area is for sharing ideas, tips and tricks that are useful outdoors. The web links page also has lots of external websites with good stuff in them.
- Winter safety
- Avalanche safety
- Gear ideas Gear suggestions and ideas for how to make your own.
- Photography tips
- Recipes and other backcountry cooking related stuff.
- Snow shelters
- Edible plants
- Ski maintenance Tips for waxing skis, tuning skis, and regluing skins.
- Footwear maintenance How or where to get boots and shoes of all types repaired.
- Daisy chain How (not) to use a daisy chain.
- Gear lists
- Where to eat When you're in the mountains
- Trail building tips for building trails
- Hut building - tips for building huts
- Spadout has a vast comprehensive wiki website about backpacking, caving, rock climbing and skiing.
- Backpacker Magazine contains a acknowledgable subsection about proper footwear
- USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory has a searchable database for calorie and nutritional value of tons of food items. A downloadable program is also available for PC and PDA.
- Ice Axe Self Arrest Tips A YouTube Video from the British Mountaineering Council.