Note: This page lists upcoming VOC trips. If you want to do a trip on a particular day and nothing is listed here (or you don't like what's listed), see the Trip Ideas page for lots of good information on planning trips. Also, everyone should be aware of the trip guidelines and driver reimbursement guidelines. If you need a hand getting your own trip started we've got an exec position dedicated to helping you out - the Trips Coordinator this year (2010-2011) is Christian Veenstra. He's organized a lot of trips and would be happy to help you get yours off the ground.
Less formal trips may be organized through the Trip Planning Forum on the VOC message board rather than on the wiki. If you are organizing such a trip, it's a good idea to post a link from this page to the thread in the trip planning forum.
- Wednesday Feb 2th Slideshow James will attempt to convince us that the best place for easily accessible mountaineering* is somewhere in Peru (clubroom, 7pm). *(over 6000m)
- Feb 5-6 Richard Ski Adventure: Ipsoot Mountain - Postponed due to weather
- Feb 5-6 Intro to Ice Climbing: Intro to Ice Climbing 2011
- Feb 6 Gili's Beginner Friendly Day Trip (backcountry skiing)
- Tuesday February 8th evening session for Block 4 AST1
- Tuesday Feb 8th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Wednesday Feb 9th Slideshow Veenstra will show us what people do at Sphinx camp on Reading Break(clubroom, 7pm).
- Thursday Feb 10th Beacon Practice
- February 11th - 19th Vancouver International Mountain Film Festival (VIMFF) 2010
- Feb 12-13 weekend session for Block 4 AST1
- Feb 12-13 Charlie's Beginner friendly Brew Hut trip Now merged with Oliver's Phelix Trip
- Feb 12-14 Olivier's Legendary Fondue Ski Trip to Phelix Hut
- Feb 12-15 POSTPONED due to Alaskan-winter conditions Skyler's Himalayan Experience / Mt Rainier Winter Attempt # 3 (approximate date, highly weather dependent, insane-advanced friendly)
- Feb 12-20 Reading break. Generally time for skiing, or perhaps a road trip somewhere warm for climbing.
- Feb 14-17 Vancouver to Seattle via Widbey Island 2011_Reading_Break_Bike_Trip. (tentative date: may be adjusted by popular request)
- Feb 14-20 Sphinx Ski Camp 2011
- Feb 22 Climbing Competition @ Norm Wall, 7pm (tuesday) Climbing_Wall_Competition_2011
- Wednesday Feb 23th Slideshow Adrien T. on climbing 5500+ meter volcanoes on the quick and on a budget (clubroom, 7pm).
- Feb 24th - 80's Winter Ski Social [See WEB for details]
- Feb 26-27 Intermediate Friendly Rainbow Mountain Ski Trip 2011_RainbowMtn
- Monday 28 Tele Lessons
- Various Dates/locations 50 hour Wilderness First Aid Course
- Tuesday Mar 1th 7:30 - 9:30 pm Kayak Polo. All are welcome
- Mar 3 Noriko's VOC Monthly Knitting Adventure: Kath V's
- Mar 5-6 Richard Ski Adventure: Birkenhead Peak
- Mar 12-13 Charlie and Heather's VOC-VOCO Needle Peak
- Mar 19-20 Wilderness First Aid Course
- April 2-4 Todd's Vantage rock climbing weekend
- Slide shows Usually 7pm Wednesday evenings during the winter
- Leave No Trace Seminars Once per term
- VOC Ultimate Frisbee games happen every Wednesday evening throughout the summer
- Summer Barbeques First Wednesday of each month throughout the summer
- Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section trip schedule ACC
- BC Mountaineering Club trip schedule BCMC