There's a custom mediawiki extension on VOCWiki which allows one to embed a map from bcbasemap. To use this feature, write something like this in a wiki page
<bcmap>lat=50.1|long=123.2</bcmap>. You must specify the center of the map using (lat and long) OR you can specify the bounding box of the map using (north and south and east and west) parameters.
Additionally, there are some optional paramaters :
- height: height of the map in km (default:10km)
- width: width of the map in km (default:10km)
- scale: map scale in pixels / km (default:100 pixels/km)
- linkscale: when you click on the map you'll be shown an image with this scale (default:2*scale)
- alttext: what text-only web browsers will see instead of the map (default:BC Basemap)
BC Basemaps can be a bit slow to load since they are generated on the fly. The html code generated does include WIDTH and HEIGHT tags so the slow image shouldn't prevent the rest of the page from rendering quickly.
<bcmap>lat=49.9|long=123.0|scale=100|width=8|height=4</bcmap> gives this: