VOC Hut Registration
About Hut Registration
If you know you will be at a VOC Hut at a given time please post here to let people know. Note that this is not a reservation and does not grant you exclusive use, or even priority over others who may not have posted, but it's "the right thing to do." Registering here will help prevent multiple large groups from arriving at the hut at the same time. The rule for VOC huts is that there is always room for one more (this works both ways).
There is no priority based on order of registration. Feel free to register yourself anyway even if the hut is already at or near capacity, just be prepared to deal with the situation if it turns out to be crowded. Not all parties who register to use a hut actually end up going, so there is some leeway for "overbooking".
We suggest non-VOC members give VOC a donation of $5 per person per night; you could send it to us or put it in the blue lock box inside the hut.
The Burton Hut in Sphinx Bay does not have a donation box, but we still maintain it, and your donation is welcome. In addition, if you stay at Sphinx, or anywhere in Garibaldi park, you must pay BC Parks $10 per person per night, even if you are a VOC membership-paying person. This may be paid online, the link is on the BC Parks/ Garibaldi website or go to: https://secure.camis.com/DiscoverCamping/Backcountry/Garibaldi?Map The penalty for not paying is $144 per person.
Registration vs. Reservation
Remember - it's not a reservation. You are registering not only to tell people that you are going, but also to receive information in case the hut gets too full for your liking. That's why you need to include your contact information (for example with a link to your user:talk page using ~~~~ or ~~~). Feel free to register far in advance, but remember that other people may plan trips on a different timescale (especially VOC types, who are categorically disorganized students who think 2 weeks out counts as advanced planning).
The VOC frequently organizes trips to our huts on short notice - we're a large club and demand for these trips is high. VOC members are very tolerant of cramped conditions in our huts. If you would prefer to avoid crowded situations, please register below so the VOC and other users can contact you to coordinate use.
How to Register
- Sign in to the VOCWiki on the log in page. You may need to create an account, which can be done from the log in page. Include your email address in your account information. It will not be exposed to the public but it will allow people to contact you with the "email this user" feature.
- Edit this Wiki page using the edit tab. Or just edit the subsection you want to change using the edit buttons to the right of each heading. See help:contents for help with editing the wiki.
- Add a line to the appropriate hut section with your registration. Include the following information:
- The date you plan to use the hut
- The size of your group. Do not describe your party size as "hut full". This isn't a very good descriptor - it's way too subjective. Try and give some real numbers, even if it's only an estimate or a range. We don't ask that you're so specific, but please try and estimate a number and update that to be as accurate as you can. VOC trips, in particular, can usually be found on the trip agenda - so if you are a VOC Member, you can see not only how many people are coming, but even what they're names are and who's driving (if the organizer is keen they will have a link directly in the hut registration page).
- Your contact information - your phone number, email address, or a link to your user or user:talk page (easily created with ~~~~ or ~~~). If you have registered your email with the VOCWiki, other people can contact you through your user:talk page without revealing your email address.
- If your chosen date becomes too busy for your liking, you may move your registration to another date.
- Update your registration if any details about your group change
- Remove your registration after your trip is complete.
Brew Hut Registration
The Brew Hut sleeps 12 in relative comfort. In a pinch there is enough space for 16 to sleep in the loft and 3 more on the sleeping bench downstairs, with nobody on the wet floor, but it's very tight. The current record is 21 people, but that's way beyond comfortable.
Warning - as of 30 January 2013 the Coleman lamp has been brought down for repair. Bring candles or use your headlamp. </div>
Date: group of X, contact information
- Feb 2-3 8 VOCers heading up. Contact Dan at dearemovethispartgenatgmaildotcom.
- Feb 2-3 Group of 8. Contact Neil at wilsonnp atgmaildotcom
- Feb 8 Group of 4 non-VOCers, Contact Corey at [email protected]
- Feb 9-10 Group of 12, Contact Gemma at [email protected]
- Feb 15-17 group of 8. [email protected]
- Feb 21-24 Group of 4 non-VOCers. Contact Jake at [email protected]
- Feb 23-26 Group of 4 non-VOCers. Contact Dan at [email protected]
- Mar 22-24 Group of 10 non-VOCers. Contact Ryan at [email protected]
Brian Waddington Hut Registration
The Brian Waddington Hut can handle about 24 people in the loft upstairs.
We discourage people from going up there between August 15 and October 15 as the grizzly bears up there need a little privacy at this time.
- February 09-11 Sears group of 2. [email protected]
- February 09-11 bargegrinders group of 4 [email protected]
- February 09-14 group of 4. [email protected]
- February 09-14 group of 3. [email protected]
- Febriary 09-11 group of 2. [email protected]
- February 09-11 group of 3. [email protected]
- February 15-17 group of 4. [email protected]
- February 15-18 group of 5-7. [email protected]
- February 21-25 group of 8. washwood at gmail dot com
Burton Hut Registration
The Burton Hut sleeps 10 comfortably and 15 is cozy. Make sure Garibaldi lake is frozen before you try to cross it. Typically it is frozen by the start of February.
Date: group of X, contact information
Feb 2nd to 3rd (1 night) group of 6. contact mapawlik AT yahoo DOT ca
Feb 4th to 5th (1 night) group of 2 (possibly 3) contact [email protected]
Feb 9th to 11th (2 nights), group of 6 (BCMC) contact alexis.guigue AT gmail DOT com
Feb 9th to 11th (2 nights), VOC trip, big group, probably with tents, may change venue. chris.sampaleanu at gmail
Feb 9th to 11th (2 nights), group of 2-3 (Spencer + his dad + his cousin?) may bring a tent if necessary.
Feb 15th to 16th (1 night) mish-mash group of 12 VOC/ACC/Meetup -ers. contact madnotpartofmyemailalene AT gmail DOT com
Feb 16th to 17th, Crossna annual trip for Leo (http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25836), 16 ppl, organizer: Gloria, contact:[email protected]
Feb 16th to 24th VOC ski mountaineering extravaganza with a large, hut-filling group of VOCers 
March 2nd to 3rd (1 night) group of 10ish VOCers, contact spencer dot g dot rasmussen at gmail
March 9th to 10th, group of 6, contact Michael ucantravel at gmail dot com
March 30th- April 1st VOC group up for Easter, hut likely full. [email protected]
April 24-26, WSTC/Mountaneers group of up to twelve (http://www.mountaineers.org/source/atrips/TripRegister.cfm?Event=32396) Organizer: [email protected]
Harrison Hut Registration
The Harrison Hut can handle about 15 people.
As of August 2010 the Meager Creek FSR has been destroyed by a large landslide. Work is being done on a new route along the south side of the Lilloet River Harrison_Hut_route. In winter the road from Pemberton will likely not be driveable, making the (winter) access long.