We all love the VOC Songbook, but it's not perfect. The purpose of this wiki page to to track proposed changes to the VOC Songbook so that a future printing of the songbook can be as good as possible. Each song should have it's own page that contains the lyrics and Guitar chords for that song only. This way, corrections can be managed on a song by song basis. Please make use of the discussion feature on these wiki pages to discuss the proposed changes.
Table of Contents 1999 Songbook
Additions and Removals
know a good song that should be in the songbook? Is there a song in the songbook that nobody knows the tune to and never gets sung? Add it to the list here with a good reason.
Songs to Add
- The Skier (to the tune of the Gambler - see the Brew Hut logbook)
- Tin Soldier (was in old songbook but not in 1999 version)
- Summertime (Gershwin)
- Build me up Buttercup (fun, easy to sing)
- Wagon wheel (Old crow medicine show)
- Don't Think Twice It's Alright (Bob Dylan)
- The Outdoor Type (The Lemonheads)
- The cat came back (?)
- I would do anything to ski, by Matthew Carroll
- Caviar - See old VOC song book
- Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
- Shelter From the Storm (Bob Dylan)
- Son of a preacher man (Dusty Springfield, great to sing along)
- Me and Bobby McGee ( Janis Joplin, classic)
- We've got tonight ( Bob Seger)
- One love ( Bob Marley, because that is what all is about)
- Redemption song ( Bob Marley, everyone knows it)
The black cover
- Taking Care of Business
- Twist and Shout
- Wind of Change
- You and I
- Take It Easy
- American Woman
- Blister In the Sun
Songs to Remove
All the Indigo Girls songs. Nobody sings them as the melodies are too subtle and they require harmonies to sound good.
Past editions are available online in pdf format.