VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elfin Lakes (Beginner Friendly Overnighter!) · Sat. Sep. 26th - Sun. Sep. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 26th, 5:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 27th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
This is a beginner friendly trip that is created for new VOC members and those new to overnight hiking trips. Come if you are enthusiastic about getting into the outdoors, learning about camping, and interested in meeting new people!
Elfin Lakes is a beautiful area accessed from Squamish. We will be accessing it from the southern side of the Garibaldi Provincial park, and will be using the parking lot near Red Heather. See here and here for further details and pictures about the region.
At the pretrip meeting, we will discuss things like, what to bring for an overnighter, sort out drivers, car pickups, sharing tents, food groups, and other important items!!! Please come!!!!
Also feel free to look at the gear list on general things recommended by the club to bring on an overnighter.
Unfortunately due to the level of interest, and my comfort level, I will be maxing this trip at 20-25 people. Do not let this trip posting deter you! Please still come to the pretrip meeting, as many people do not show up, and bail last minute. While the pretrip meeting IS very important, please email me if you are 'going' but are unable to make the pretrip meeting.