VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Digging Quest to Moria @ Phelix Hut [Workhike] · Fri. Jul. 31st - Sun. Aug. 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 31st
End: Sunday, Aug. 2nd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 29th, 6:32 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
A shadow has descended upon the Phelix Hut. The outhouse is nearly full. Our quest from the wise-council is first to dig far towards Moria as far as we can. Then we have to trick a posse of architectural ogres into lifting the outhouse for us and placing it upon our tunnel. Thus the evil of future generations shall fill the tunnel until a new one is required.
We depart post-haste Friday eve and return under the last light of Monday.
Myself, part bard, shall serenade our party in the epic poems of LOTR and entice you with the finest meads if you choose to join.
On the day of the Sun or Moon we also must summit the magnificant Mt. Aragorn! For at the summit lies a treasure which each of us must claim.
Join us on our epic journey!