VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock Party (formerly known as Long Hike) · Fri. Oct. 2nd - Sun. Oct. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 2nd, 7:00 pm
End: Sunday, Oct. 4th, 12:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 30th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ANGU 098 MAP
Rectified by Rocks? Dazzled by Dance? The VOC welcomes you the annual Rock Party. This will take place in the beautiful Sunwolf (“resort”) campground. There will be 4 levels of rock instruction and one uniform level of stoke on the dance floor. Rock instruction starts from never having touched rock indoors or outdoors to honing your trad skills. Everyone is welcome and you are responsible for siginging up for the level which best fits your skill level and learning goals. See the wiki page for more information.
1. Introduction to Rock Climbing
2. Anchors + Rappelling
3. Sport Lead Climbing
4. Traditional Climbing
We are renting a party tent, and there will be a DJ. We are also serving dinner (included in event ticket) and beer (at cost) to anyone that is of age. There is also a hot tub.
There will be a pre trip meeting September 30th at 6:30pm (ANGU 098). At this event we will go over what you need to bring and assign rock levels. We have also procured donations from Grandwalle climbing equipment which will be raffled off.
Vivified by volunteering? To raise stoke for the event I have opened up the volunteer page! Help make the event happen. Last year one member volunteered for 6 shifts! Tickets go on sale September 16 and will be $40 for tent space and $60 for a cabin ticket (3 people per cabin).
Tickets can be purchased during gear hours at the club room or at the VOC booth during clubs day, imagine day and all those other days.
Edit 1: We have enough instructors so if you are a great rock climber and still want to go on this trip, buy a ticket. We are looking into making a rock 5 instructional group.