VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Elfin Lakes and back, on wheels (beginner friendly mountain biking) · Friday, September 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Postponed
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 4th, 9:00 am
End: Friday, Sep. 4th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Email
*** Please note the trip for this Friday has been postponed to a later date***
Bike up to Elfin, take in the scenery, swim in the lake, shred back down and head to Squamish for gelato. Perhaps climbing at chek or smoke bluffs in the evening.
This is considered a green circle ride. The casual ride up may test your fitness, but we can take it at a moderate pace. This is a popular hiking trail so the ride down might be a human slalom. That said, we're going up Friday so maybe it won't be too busy.
We will bring day packs/lunch and you should have your own small repair kit with an extra tube, patch kit, pump and tools. Wearing a helmet on the way down will be mandatory. Always wanted to try this trail by bike so let's make it happen! :) Open to suggestions.