Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock Party Helps Build Trails! Workhike at Smoke Bluffs · Sunday, October 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Cora Skaien
Start: Sunday, Oct. 4th, 10:00 amDescription:
Call to all climbers, old and new!
It has been a traditional over the last few years that the VOC sends club members who have participated in Rock Party to help the Squamish Access Society. The Squamish Access Society is dedicated to "working on behalf of climbers to protect public access to the climbing areas of the greater Squamish region, to engage as responsible stewards of the climbing environment and to advocate for access to quality self-propelled recreation".
We need 10-12 volunteers to come and help clear vthe base of a new climbing area in the Smoke Bluffs. We will meet at the Smoke Bluffs parking lot at at 9:45 AM to volunteer our time from 10:00-12:30 on the Sunday of Rock Party. They will provide us with tools, but be sure to bring work clothes. We will be done around lunch, which will leave plenty of time for climbing in the afternoon!
Please sign up if you are interested! We paritcularly urge individuals who just received free knowledge from Rock Party to dedicate their time to this.
Posted: 2015-09-24 10:13:09
Last modified: 2015-09-24 10:14:27