VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rock Party 2.0 - Smith-onian Style! · Fri. Oct. 9th - Mon. Oct. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 9th, 6:00 pm
End: Monday, Oct. 12th, 10:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 7th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom....or Outside of It
Did you end up going to Rock Party and realize that rock climbing and partying is your everything and you need to continue? Or did you miss Rock Party due to studying, over-stoke flu, or any other schennagins? Or, did your last Rock Party feel like it was missing something because there was a lack of stoke? No worries; we've got you covered! Join me this weekend to climb and discover Smith Rock State Park in central Oregon!! This place is iconic, and is the birthplace of sport climbing (Rock 3) in North America. And if you're still not convinced, here's a photo from the Info night:
Photo: Nathan Starzynski.
Also, as far as logistics go, this officially is not an instructional trip, and as such, we will not be looking for instructors. However, because I missed Rock Party and am a guide, you DO NOT NEED TO BE EXPERIENCED TO ATTEND THIS TRIP! Only bottomless enthusiasm is required! In addition, a formalized party will not be held, though I always reccomend great times with great beer held over a campfire, and you should too! Get ready to get stoked!!