VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sunday Up Mt. Brunswick by Public Transport · Sunday, October 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Last minute / Weather uncertain
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 18th, 10:40 am
Pre-trip meeting: Saturday, Oct. 17th, 9:20 am
Pre-trip meeting location: WB w Georgia St FS Burrard St. MAP
I want to climb Brunswick before it is totally covered in snow! This is a difficult scramble with about 14km of hiking and 1543 m of elevation gain. That said, I am not usually super fast, so with limited daylight and transport times, there is a chance we won't reach the summit. Everyone who is up for a challenge is welcome.
I posted it yestserday for Saturday, but not go bites. I'll go on Sunday, but the first bus gets us there an hour later and there are no evening buses, so I'll bring a bike. Since buses + bikes are limited, not many people can come! But maybe someone still wants to!
The earliest bus (C12) gets us to "NB Crosscreek Rd at Lions Bay" at 10:40. It is then a half hour walk up to the trail head. We could bring bikes to do it faster, but if we are many with bikes on the bus, we'll have a problem. This will be at least a 7 hour rt hike, which puts us back just after sunset. Bring a headlamp and wear boots with good soles in case of snow! Sticks are a good idea of you have them. Be prepared for anything. We will stay together until the top or until our turn around time (3:30).
Let me know if you want to join. Bus stop for the 250 bus to Horshoe at Georgia/Burrard is my meeting spot! If you're coming from North Van, meet me on the second bus! The bus plan is below.
I forgot to make a message board thread - so use email! I'll email out tonight a final decision/plan for meeting up!