VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Environmental Committee Formation · Tuesday, December 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Clubroom
So as you may know it looks like the Garibaldi at Squamish resort is pushing ahead with their plans and largely blew off the FMCBC in the last stake holders meeting. If you're not up to date with what this is check out the message board link, basically it's a proposed Condo development/ Ski Resort in Squamish which will substantially impact the nature of Garibaldi Park. We will be holding a meeting next week for anyone interested in participating to discuss what course of action the VOC will take regarding the Brohm Ridge development.
The reason I'd like to bring this up again and re-invigorate the issue is a new online petition system which is being put in place and if this is a course of action for us.
Now I'm not sure exactly what aspects of this we can/should petition, this is where we need environmental advice/consultation but what I'm sure of is that we can get 500+ signatures very easily across the lower mainland and then the petition would go to parliament.
For any past/present VOCers who are interested in getting involved, we will meet Tuesday December 8th, 6:30pm VOC Clubroom