VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hot Springs Trip Dec 11-12 (Fri-Sat) · Fri. Dec. 11th - Sat. Dec. 12th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Dec. 11th
End: Saturday, Dec. 12th, 8:00 pm
Hot springs trips are good for the shoulder season, when there's not enough snow to ski and it's too wet to hike/climb. This year our hot springs program took a bit of a beating. First there was the Meager Adventure where we go trapped by the road washout and it took me a month to get the Jeep back. Then there was the Meager/Keyhole/Skookumchuk Adventure with the pig brains. More recently there was the Lizzy Trail/Skookumchuk Adventure which I missed because I had to go to Pemberton and get stitches instead. Carla thinks that I should avoid Pemberton. But I like hot springs. So I'm proposing to drive to Keyhole Friday, tent there, and drive home Saturday. With all the rain we have been getting, snow should not be a problem, and the Authorities report that the road is now open. If this Adventure appeals to you, email me and we can make it happen. Esther and I are putting this together between us.
Why shouldn't we have two consecutive shoulder seasons if the snow doesn't come?