VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Burns 'n' Turns · Fri. Jan. 29th - Sun. Jan. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jan. 29th
End: Sunday, Jan. 31st
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: old SUB 206 (Council Chambers)
Don't miss this beginner friendly ski weekend in the tranquility of the mountains. With haggis, music and crude scotch poetry!
The location this year is Mount Brew near Whistler. Brew Hut is a 12 km trek from the trailhead, with an elevation gain of 1244m. A potluck at the hut on Saturday will be followed by an evening of music. To the musically inclined: please bring your instruments.
Brew Hut sleeps up to 16, and the rest of us will overnight in quinzhees or tents.
Like last year, we'll make a toast to our dear friends Neil, Steffi and Elena, who passed away last January 11th.