VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Journal + Photo Contest Submissions · Monday, February 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Feb. 1st
Pre-trip meeting location: [email protected]
It's that time of year again! The VOC is looking for stories for the 58th edition of the VOC Journal.
The Journal is a collection of stories and photos from all of our members during the past year. It's professionally published and all members can pick up a copy! There are a great way to learn more about the club, read great stories, remember the year and practice your storytelling.
But we need your help! Submit trip reports from club (or non club) trips to vocjournal @ gmail.com by FEBRUARY 1, 2016!! (tentative deadline). Please write "VOC JOURNAL SUBMISSION - YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME" in the subject line include 1) your writing as a .doc or .docx file. Please also submit 2) no more than 5 photos via a dropbox folder link with full sized images (don't compress them or anything!). 3) You must also include your full name, the date of your trip and captions for the photos! This information should be included in the .doc file before the article you are submitting.
The journal will also feature the annual photo contest! The categories are (tentatively) club life, portrait, flaura and fauna, landscape, action and miscellaneous. You may submit photos by emailing with the subject VOC PHOTO COMPETITION - YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME 1) a dropbox link to your photo 2) a photo caption (in the email) 3) Where and when the photo was taken!
Feel free to send any questions to me at vocjournal @ gmail.com We are also looking for all the help we can get, so let me know I you want to help! God knows I need it.