VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bastard of Frost [Ice Climbing] · Sat. Jan. 30th - Sun. Jan. 31st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : fucked by Budget Rental Car
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 30th
End: Sunday, Jan. 31st
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Winter is coming...
We're going on the last weekend of January to (likely) Marble Canyon, outside of Lillooet. Although it’s a ~5 hour drive, Marble Canyon is ideal for learning to climb ice, as the ice reliably forms and top-ropes can be set up with minimal gear. We can also car camp for free and with fires, just a quick 10 minute walk away from the ice! Depending on people’s wishes, we will leave either Friday afternoon, or Saturday morning.
This trip is mostly beginner friendly. You don’t have to know how to climb ice, but camping experience is a necessity, and winter camping experience will help. It will be cold! It is important that everyone brings the right stuff, but, as we will be car camping, I encourage you to bring all of the warm things; two years ago, it was -20 C at night for Daughter of Ice!
At the pre-trip, we will discuss gear, vehicles, and tent/ food groups. You must know how to belay top rope and be experienced TR climber (indoors is OK). I'll try to take people who aren't going on Daughters of Ice but it will be a smaller trip of ~2 cars. Experienced people coming would be great to help out =D I'll need a few more knowledgeable hands. If you have done a Workhike or do one before the pre-trip it'll be favorable to getting on the trip.
Disclaimer: we are not certified guides, just some guy who claims he knows what he's doing. Ice climbing is dangerous, and hazards include falling ice, climbing falls, sharp objects, and the cold.
Ask questions, discuss gear, or spread stoke on the message boards =D