VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sphinx Hut and the Garibaldi Neve · Fri. Feb. 19th - Sun. Feb. 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 19th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Feb. 21st, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Feb. 9th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Last year Garibaldi Lake did not freeze for long and no one went up to Burton/Sphinx Hut for reading week. This year though it has been much colder. I would like to cross the Garibaldi Neve (Elfin-Garibaldi Lake, see Wiki page) and then spend a day (maybe more, maybe less) skiing around Sphinx Hut. This trip requires intermediate fitness because it is a 40km traverse, experience winter backcountry camping, AST1 or equivalent and preferably some knowledge of glaciers (G1 or equivalent).