VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Hanes Valley Traverse · Saturday, September 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th, 8:00 am
End: Saturday, Sep. 24th, 5:00 pm
A hike up Grouse Mountain from the North side via Lynn Valley, Hanes Valley, and Crown Pass. The beginning and end of this trip are rather tame, but the middle goes through some rugged and steep terrain.
This is a good opportunity to get an introduction to Lynn Headwaters Regional Park and Grouse Mountain. This area is bus accessable, close to Vancouver, and provides access to Crown Mountain (a small scramble and sometimes a place to use ice axes), Coliseum Mountain, Lynn Peak and Lynn Lake.
We will be meeting at the gate of Lynn Headwaters Regional Park at the end of Lynn Valley Road.
This is a transit accessible trip, with a different start and end point The #210 bus (from downtown) or #228 (from Lonsdale Quay) both go to the park. The #236 bus goes back from the Grouse parking lot to Lonsdale Quay.
If people have cars and want to drive, it is suggested that one car be left at Grouse (for ferrying duties) and the remaining cars be parked outside of the gate at Lynn Headwaters.
Also remember to bring $10 for the ride back down from the top of Grouse mountain.
Since there is no pre-trip meeting planned, please ask any questions you have on the message board.