VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Trail Running Round II (Intermediate Friendly) + Donuts! · Saturday, March 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 26th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: Email Faff
^not at all representative of the run we are doing, just a cool photo
What better way to spend the first day of your long weekend getting up early and running really far through the woods?
The plan is to bus to Lynn Headwaters and trial run to Deep Cove. We can get lunch (and donut — they are delicious) in Deep Cove before bussing back. We'll run the Baden Powell. It's 12-13 km and 400+ metres of elevation gain so you definitely need to be a strong runner. We wont leave anyone behind but we wont be walking the trail either!
I hiked the trail recently and it's in great shape. Some parts are a bit steep and there is a lot of up and down but it'll be great for a slower trailrun. I'm hoping to run the trail in 2-3 hours.
There are some nice views at the end of the trail!
Bring a bag you can run with to carry water, some snacks, and layers in case it gets cold/rainy.
Let me know if you have any questions!