VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workhike- Cerise Creek Trail Marking (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Oct. 15th - Sun. Oct. 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 15th
End: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 9:25 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 12th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom- or just outside of it depending on how busy it is
****Note. This has been changed to be an overnight trip***
So for the past few years, we've donated money towards the maintenance of the Cerise Creek trail and hut after having fifty or so people go through and make a big ruckus with Glacier School G1 at the Anniversary Glacier. This year, Scott Flavelle, the guy who made the trail wants to replace plastic flagging with more permanent retro reflective markers. We've agreed to to take on this project and I've ordered a bunch of these trail markers.
You can be a part of this and contribute to improving a trail that will be used for years to come. No experience necessary. There won't be any time to summit anything, but you'll get so see what the area looks like Joffre group looks like up close. It'll be fun! I'll bring chocolate fondue,