VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Light and Fast on Coliseum · Monday, June 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Jun. 13th
Pre-trip meeting location: Flurry of emails
Coliseum Mountain is in Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Van. The hike is 24km roundtrip - the first 7km are relatively flat along the Headwaters Trail, then the trail climbs up to the top of Coliseum Mountain where there is a small lake to freeze your limbs in should you desire to.
Where the 'light and fast' comes in.... This trail is very popular among avid trail runners mostly because the first section has little elevation gain. That piqued my interest because I love running on flat-ish terrain. However, I will likely be enjoying the scenery when it starts to get steeper....
So this is not a strict trail running trip per se, more so a 'walk and run with very little gear to try and go fast' trip.