VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Summer Solstice at Seymour · Tue. Jun. 28th - Wed. Jun. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Tuesday, Jun. 28th, 6:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Jun. 29th, 9:00 am
Days are getting longer and soon (June 20th) the Solstice will take place. I want to celebrate the longest day and the start of the summer on top op Mt Seymour with some weekday camping.
The plan is to leave Vancouver at around 18, drive to the Seymour parking lot and hike up with a light pack until we have a sweet view on the city before we set up camp. Sunrise is at 5:07 so that wil give us enough time to hike down and be at work at 9 (or 10).
I am open for suggestions for other locations that are close to the city and give a sweet sunrise view (Cypress?)
This trip is only happening if the weather is good enough to have a view :-)