VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner-Friendly Trip to Wedgemount Lake · Sat. Jul. 23rd - Sun. Jul. 24th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 23rd, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Jul. 24th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jul. 21st, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: online faffity faff
Let's hike up to Wedgemount Lake and have an awesome weekend! This one's a classic and has been on my list for some time; the area looks absolutely gorgeous and weather is supposed to hold up. Maybe I'll bring my uke. Maybe Emily will bring desserts (she didn't agree to this yet). If we have an energetic group, let's also try to hit Mt Cook or Mt Weart while we're up there, but I really want beginners to join this trip! It is supposed to be very steep (I've never been) but I have good faith that it's totally feasible for beginners to overnight hiking and I'd love to see some more new faces join us. I am a slow hiker at any rate and we can take it easy! Don't be too fazed if you don't have any overnight gear yet, we can figure it out. Oh, and we shall definitely go for a dip in the lake!
I live in Burnaby so UBC campus is a bit far for me to hold a pre-trip. I'm thinking of maybe holding some sort of online AMA for those who have questions about the trip on Thursday in the evening. Hold tight for some email faff regarding this.
We will have to pay backcountry fees for Garibaldi Park, $10 each. I don't have a car but I do have a modo membership, so if we don't get any drivers joining us, we will have to take a modo which could be up to $40 each.
Distance (one-way): 7km
Time (one-way): 4-6 hours
Elevation Change: 1200 m