Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Indian Arm Kayaking Bonanza (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Sep. 24th - Sun. Sep. 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Koby Michaels
Start: Saturday, Sep. 24th, 8:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 25th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Sep. 20th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ClubroomDescription:
Everyone's (well, my) favourite annual September trip is back, and it's going to be better than ever. Actually, it'll probably be the exact same as last year but that's still pretty sweet.
We will rent double kayaks from Deep Cove (it will cost $87 if I've done my math/the tax right) and paddle up the beautiful Inidan arm to Granite Falls to spend the night. You are welcome to bring your own boat if you have one. I am also looking for 4 people with kayaking experience to helpout, teach, and run safety. Shoot me a message if you are interested in helping and/or have your own boat. Please let me know ASAP as the trip wont run without 4 helpers.
The boats are super stable and we aren't paddling too far so this is a super beginner friendly trip (it was my first ever VOC trip). An ability so swim is necessary though. As is the ability to not mind being (definitely) wet and (possibly) cold for two days.
The current plan is to leave from Deep Cove at 10 am (arrive Vancouver around 9), paddle to Granite Falls, stopping along the way for lunch. Then we'll set up camp, swim, relax, and explore and have a dinner/dessert/drinks potluck (more on this later). We should be back at Deep Cove before 4 pm on Sunday, earlier if we paddle faster.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Emailing me is best (email can be found by clicking on my name).
PSA: This trip is usually very popular and fills up quickly. The interested sign up is open now but the commited list will not open until September 9 at noon. Be sure to sign up for committe only if you are sure you can come on the trip and can pay for the boat rentals!
Posted: 2016-08-08 17:33:33
Last modified: 2016-09-18 12:21:43