VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Sky Pilot via Sea to Sky Summit Trail · Saturday, August 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 27th
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff or club room on Wendsday evening
SkyPilot is a fantastic scramble around Squamish. By opening the new sea to sky gondola, we may take the gondola down, saving a lot of time and knee joints.
Plan would be to leave city early in the morning, hike sea to sky summit trail, and hike toward SkyPilot.
We need to cross a small glacier. We need ice axe (and know how to use it), crampons and rope. SkyPilot Scramble is difficult and exposed in two section. I have not been in the area so I will be very cautious scrambling up.