VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skaha Halloween Climbing 2011 · Sat. Oct. 29th - Sun. Oct. 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 29th
End: Sunday, Oct. 30th
Pre-trip meeting: Monday, Oct. 24th
Pre-trip meeting location: TBA - Club room is too small
All Hallows Eve is soon upon us. Which means it is time to find an awesome costume and get your climbing gear out for the annual VOC Skaha Halloween Climbing trip.
Skaha is a rock climbing area located near Penticton, BC, in the Okanagan Valley. It is generally pretty dry, making it a common destination for times of the year when Squamish is a little soggy. Skaha has climbs at all levels, in both the traditional and sport styles. There are also top-roping possibilities for beginners who know how to set up top-rope anchors. Absolute beginners should have attended longhike before, as this trip is not instructional (but will most probably have tons of nice people). There needs to be at least one person that can set-up a top rope anchor per group.
Leaving Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning
Returning Sunday night
Camping at the Lost moose. Bring 8$ to the pretrip for your camping ticket