VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Women in the Backcountry · Sat. Jan. 21st - Sun. Jan. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 21st, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jan. 22nd, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Jan. 19th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: EOS 2012
Are you a woman who loves the backcountry? Are you looking for other women to SHRED THE POW? Are you a lady looking to get out more? This is a backcountry ski trip for intermediate skiiers with some previous backcountry touring experience. Joane and I are organizing this trip, but I couldn't figure out how to make us both organizers on the webpage... :)
We would love to take a small group of people with some basic skills and get some turns in a male-dominated sport.
More details to follow...
EVEN MORE DETAILS:
We are going to Brew hut, and there will be a non-VOC large birthday party there so we will either camp outside near the hut and use it for warmth or camp at the upper lake.
Joane and I are still thinking 8 people maximum (plus us) for a total of 10 people. This will be based on who signs up as COMMITED but we also will determine the group by making sure there is a balance of experience and skill between beginners and more experienced people. If there are more expereinced people, perhaps someone else would like to organize another trip on the same weekend, to the alternative location. Please e-mail me if you think this might apply to you!
Pre-trip meeting is THIS THURSDAY in EOS 2012 where we will go over further details.
Cheers and happy skiing,
Emily & Joane