VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Ski workhike (beginner friendly) · Wednesday, January 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 11th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom (Nest)
Ever wondered how to maintain your own skis? Do you want to give back to the club or contribute your workhike hours? Your quartermasters need your help! The VOC has the largest telemark ski fleet of BC, and it sees a lot of (ab)use.
Come to the clubroom on Wednesday to help fix the fleet. Things we will be doing include dewaxing, ptex-ing (filling holes), waxing, scrapping wax, fixing bindings, and checking the overall state of boots, poles and skis.
A handful of us will be showing you how to do it. No prior knowledge is required, but if you feel so inclined to learn, check out the below links: