VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: Eliza Boyce talks about Outdoor Education · Wednesday, January 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 25th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ESB 2012
Outdoor Education: What I Didn't Know
Five years ago, I left my job as a robotics engineer to work as a wilderness guide. Come hear about what its been like: the best adventures, biggest successes, greatest surprises, scariest situations, and most ridiculous poop stories. Also some reflections on finding community, embracing freedom, and explaining to your parents why you quit your day job. I'll be happy to answer questions following the slideshow.