VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Climbing in RED ROCKS over Reading Break · Thursday, February 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning: This is a tentative trip : Dependent on driver availability and interest
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Feb. 9th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Feb. 9th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: SCRF 1022 MAP
Sick of the ski season and want to get back to rock climbing? Ever been to Red Rocks Nevada?
So far, there is already a group of VOCers that are heading down there for the break. It's the desert (during the winter) so the nights are expected to be cold but the days are supposed to be sunny and warm (ranging from 5 to 15 degrees C as a high) so the rock should still be great for climbing during the day. Red Rocks has tons of sport and trad climbing so it's great even if you don't have trad gear.
This is a tentative trip. It would be good to see who is interested in going and who has cars that they would be willing to drive down to Nevada instead of flying. Hopefully if there is enough interest and car spaces, people can get into different car groups and figure out when they want to leave, where they will be planning on staying near Red Rocks, etc. Departure and return dates are dependent on the driver.
***Please sign up as interested or committed if you are planning on attending the meeting. I need to know how many people will be coming so that I can change my room booking if more space is needed***
Note: THIS IS NOT A BEGINNER FRIENDLY TRIP.
The assumed beginning and end dates of this trip are Feb 18 to Feb 26.
Note: Pretrip meeting has been postponed to Thursday, Feb 9.
Pretrip meeting location has been scheduled. It will be in SCRF 1022 (Neville Scarfe Building). Be there at 6:00 PM.