VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Hanes Valley Hike/Run (Advanced Only) · Saturday, August 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 26th, 7:30 am
Hanes Valley is an amazing trail that starts at Lynn Headwaters in Lynn Valley and ends at the top of Grouse Mountain. Check out this description: https://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/hanes-valley-trail/
*** The access road to Lynn Headwaters is closed to cars. This means that we will be parking at the entrance to the road and running along Varley Trail to access Lynn Headwater***
1) We are waiting until August to do this trip because we are waiting for the snow to melt. This trip is also weather dependent. It is unsafe to make your way through Hanes Valley and up the boulder field in foggy/rainy conditions, therefore this trip will only happen if the weather is good.
2) This trip is going to be primarily a run. We will only be hiking the steepest sections, such as the boulder field and the steep climb immediately following it. Please only sign up for this trip if you are prepared for a challenging run.
3) This trip will take us through a remote area. Emergency supplies, food and water are a MUST. If you show up unprepared, you will not be able to come. We will provide a list of suggested items to bring closer to the date.
7:30 am - Car drop at Grouse Mountain.
8:00 am - depart from End of Line General Store (Lynn Valley at the entrance to Lynn Headwaters).
12:00ish pm: estimated arrival time at the top of Grouse Mountain.
After taking the Skyride back to the Grouse Mountain parking lot, we will go pick up the other cars in Lynn Valley.
Cost: $10 for Grouse Mountain Skyride (to get back to the cars at the end)
Optional Apres Potluck BBQ
Hannah's house, 1890 Banbury Road (Deep Cove)
More details on rides, the BBQ and what to bring will be discussed via email ~2 weeks before the event. We are not sure if there will be a pretrip meeting yet. We will let you know closer to the date.