VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Day Hike at Baden Powell (Beginner Friendly) · Sunday, June 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jun. 11th, 8:00 am
If you're like me and:
- love hiking/walking/associated activities
- don't have a car
- enjoy going outside with others, if even for a few hours
- want to complete a classic vancouver trail
...this is a good trip for you!
Basically I have been meaning to hike the Baden Powell from Deep Cove to Lynn Valley for a while and haven't done it yet.
To my knowledge it is a pretty easy and transit-accessible hike so if you don't have a vehicle, don't fret! Should probably take around 4-5 hours to complete. This trip is definitely beginner-friendly :)
I would like to start decently early though to avoid any crowds, especially if it is a nice day but that can all be arranged via email faff.
More information here: https://www.vancouvertrails.com/trails/baden-powell-deep-cove-to-lynn-canyon