VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Galiano Island bike trip · Wed. Jul. 19th - Thu. Jul. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jul. 19th, 10:00 am
End: Thursday, Jul. 20th, 7:30 pm
The plan is simply - catch the ferry from Tsawwassen at 10:10 am on Wednesday, bike 30 km to other side(we can stop for swim, views, etc somewhere) of the island - Dionisio Point Provincial Park, watch a wildlife, swim, camp there - permit needed 5 dollars/night - https://secure.camis.com/DiscoverCamping/Backcountry/Dionisio?Map (entry/exit point is somehow not possible to change but according the trip report attached below that´s not issue) Second day - all we have to do is catch a ferry at 5:40 pm from Sturdies Bay so program is free.
What BC parks says - http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/dionisio_pt/
What we need: bike, bike back, sleeping bags/pads, tent(i have one for 2 people, if necessary we could fit 3), pillow, money for ferry(around 35 dollars&return), etc. .
Weather https://www.yr.no/place/Canada/British_Columbia/Galiano_Island/long.html should be stable sunny so don´t have to worry it.
Pre-meeting trip is not necessary for me but if you wanna meet we can arrange a day(looks like monday or tuesday)
P.S. pace is not important.