VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Shiverfest: Alpine Training on the Chief · Fri. Aug. 25th - Sat. Aug. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 25th, 7:00 pm
End: Saturday, Aug. 26th, 10:00 am
Have you had to spend a night outside without a tent? If not, here is your chance to try. Come bivvy near the third peak of the chief with some ACC/VOC folks (the most excellent company), and then join in for an amazing continental breakfast early on Saturday morning to kick start the weekend of centennial celebrations.
We'll meet at 7:00pm on Friday, hike up the backside trail to Slahney, and then traverse the to third peak to setup camp for the night.
Rules & Logistics
Email Brian with your questions about this event or just about cuddling in general:
brian (dot) messer (at) accvancouver.ca
LNT Ethics, so anything you bring with has to be packed out and we'll have some wag-bags handy if you just can't wait.
Also, there is an ACC BBQ in Murrin Park park earlier in the day (2:00pm onwards) and as per most ACC socials, the VOC are invited to partake in the offering of free food / some bouldering, and slacklining ahead of the overnight event.
Looking forward to memorable night, I'll definitely be there, hope you can make it too!