VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Cascades Peak Bagging Adventure **trip has been postponed · Fri. Aug. 25th - Sun. Aug. 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Aug. 25th, 5:00 pm
End: Sunday, Aug. 27th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Aug. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: outside VOC clubroom
Let's head down to Washington to rack up some peak bagging points!
This will be an intermediate friendly trip down to the Cascades (exact location to be determined based on interest/experience level of the group). To come on this trip you should have done other hikes/scrambles this season, and be comfortable with some level of exposure. Possible objectives could include 3rd or 4th class scrambling, or hiking to peaks. I am happy to either do a multi day traverse and hit many summits, or car camp and do day trips.
If the group size is large enough, we may split into different objectives.
As I am selectively employed, I am able to go down for longer than the weekend. We could potentially have car groups go down for different lengths of time if more people want to extend their trip.