VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wedge Mt. Summit + Ice Climbing on Wedgemount Glacier · Sat. Aug. 19th - Sun. Aug. 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 19th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 20th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: by email
Last minute trip!
I'd like to summit Wedge Mt. on Sunday and do some ice climbing at the snout of Wedgemount glacier on Saturday.
We'll be leaving Vancouver early Saturday AM and coming back Sunday evening.
Very early alpine start from basecamp on Sunday morning to reach the summit just after sunrise.
Saturday we can do some "ice climbing" at the base of the glacier.
If you'd like to join please have/be:
a) backcountry camping experience
b) G1 or equivalent (ex. alpine skills course)
c) comfortable going up steep/exposed slopes, crossing glacier terrain, carrying a multi-day backpack
I'd like to keep the group small, so maybe two rope teams max..also depending on interest!
Photo of Wedge by Heather F.
Msg/email me for info on gear and times!