VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Golden Ears Friendsgiving Hike (Beginner Friendly) · Monday, October 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Oct. 9th, 9:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Oct. 5th, 7:45 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club room
Day trip to Golden Ears for Thanksgiving! Call out to all the orphans who don't have plans yet.
There are two options!
Option 1: is to hike up to the summit which is a long hike, 24km round trip.
Option 2: is to do the golden ears canyon loop - shorter 12km round trip.
I think I will make the decision whether to do the longer trip or the shorter trip the day of the pre-trip. Depending on the groups' size, fitness, and keenness. If there are a lot of beginners interested, then the Golden Ears Canyon Loop will make more sense. Sorry that the pre-trip is so late, I have obligation till 8 pm.