VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Neil Mackenzie Adventure Grant 2018 - APPLY NOW until JAN 29 @ 4pm · Fri. Sep. 1st - Mon. Jan. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Sep. 1st
End: Monday, Jan. 29th
- Any self-propelled adventure, in the spirit of the VOC, will be considered.
- Preference for applications for adventure in Scotland, but all other regions will be considered.
- Applications that include the Bothy Challenge are also encouraged.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient technical experience and background to safely complete their proposed adventure (i.e. AST / Glacier School).
- All VOC members are invited to apply: associate, student and honorary members.
- Individual or small groups may apply.
- For group applications: one application should be submitted for the adventure.
- Adventures should be executed in the upcoming year 03/2018 – 03/2019
- Involvement with the VOC community is considered favourably. Applicants are encouraged to discuss their volunteer history with the VOC, or their specific plans to give back to the VOC.
- Applications are due by 4:00 pm January 29th, by email to [email protected]
Click HERE for the application form!
- A report on completion must be written and submitted to the VOC Journal, as well as a separate report on practicality/comments/suggestions on the grant.
- Grant Awardees are expected to give a slide show in the fall.
- Awards of up to $2,000 will be awarded to individuals or members of a party to pursue an outdoor adventure of their choice.
- Grants will cover up to 65% of the total project cost. You need to pitch in or secure secondary funding.
Please visit the wiki page or the message board for further questions you may have regarding eligibility, the application process, etc.