VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Snowspider (Hut) · Fri. Oct. 13th - Sun. Oct. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 13th, 1:00 pm
End: Sunday, Oct. 15th, 8:00 pm
Snowspider is just E of Lizzie, about an hours drive past Pemberton. The plan is to leave Vancouver around noon Friday, drive to the Skookumchuk Hot Spring and spend Friday night there. Saturday morning we drive back towards Pemberton and take the Twin One forest road, which will, with luck, get us within a couple of km of the Snowspider Hut. The hut is small; it holds four people comfortably so five should work OK. Saturday afternoon those who want to, can climb Snowspider. Saturday's weather forecast sounds better than Sunday's, so Sunday we might want to sleep in.
This should be a remarkably easy trip, suitable for explorers of all types. You will need a sleeping bag; you will need to take Friday afternoon off. It would be good if you like hot springs, finding mystery huts, or maybe scrambling up Snowspider.