VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Ski Waxing Workhike in the Clubroom · Monday, October 30th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Oct. 30th, 7:00 pm
Have you heard whispered rumours about something called a "workhike"? Are you wondering what this mystical Workhike might be, and how you can do one? Well look no further! As the snow falls in the mountains and the stoke for skiing is building, it's time to get the VOC's tele fleet polished up and ready to go.
We do have a policy requiring members to do a workhike in order to rent gear. There is a three rental grace period, but once that's over we want you to give a little bit of time and energy back to the club in order to keep the club running smoothly. If you're looking for a fun and easy workhike, and one where you can learn some new skills too, this is the workhike for you! It's also a great oportunity to get to know your fellow members and meet some new ski partners before the season starts. Previous experience in waxing skis is not required and if you've never done it before I, and other experienced members, will be on hand to teach you how.
Bring yourself, your stoke, and perhaps a beverage you can enjoy responsibly to the clubroom and we'll have a great time hanging out and getting the ski fleet ready for you to enjoy this winter!