VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Seymour Hike/Showshoe (Intermediate) · Sunday, November 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Nov. 26th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Nov. 26th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Nov. 22nd, 7:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
**Pre trip changed to Wednesday evening 7.30pm**
A group of us are planning a day trip to Mt. Seymour - more details nearer the time. We don't want many more than 10 people so there will only be a few spots open to general VOCers. Will do Dog Mountain and Mount Seymour up to pump peak (the marked trail) - won't be going into avalanche territory. http://mtseymour.ca/snowshoe-trail-status-map
Will likely need snowshoes for at least part of the trail by then. Intermediate trip (need to have hiked/snowshoed before).
Full day trip - plan to get some good mileage in. Will potentially stop for dinner/drinks on the way home if we have enough time.