VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tele School 2018 · Sunday, January 7th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jan. 7th, 8:30 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jan. 3rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BUCH A202 MAP
This is still in the early stages of planning. Things might still change so keep your eyes peeled for updates.
Have you ever watched a tele skier smoothly dancing their way down a slope and wished you too could be so cool? If you are thinking, "No, Alastair, no I have not ever wished that," I can't really blame you. Tele skiing is unfortunately being supplanted by newfangled AT gear, and I think that is a real shame. Telemark is a beautiful and graceful way to ski, and perhaps more importantly, it's what the club has for backcountry ski gear.
Whether you have never skied before or you're a seasoned tele veteran, tele school is a great chance to come out and work on freeing your heels and freeing your soul. This will be a one day instructional day at Seymour on the north shore. Groups will be organized with a teacher based on the following skill levels: