VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Slideshow: biking to the Arctic and across Canada · Wednesday, January 17th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 17th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Buch A203
Have you ever wished you had nothing to do all day but ride a bike? That was essentially the inspiration for a bike tour of 12 000 km in about 80 days. The trip had two distinct styles: solo, fast and light travel Mexico to the Yukon and Vancouver to Halifax; and much slower, muddier arctic travel along the Dempster highway to Inuvik, NWT. Come for some bad pictures and good stories about Canadiana at its finest, riding through the midnight sun, headwinds, tailwinds, miles, mountains, trails, highways, good people, bad brakes, and to ask any questions not related to my sanity. - Julie van de Valk