VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Progeny of Chill · Fri. Feb. 2nd - Sun. Feb. 4th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 2nd, 6:00 pm
End: Sunday, Feb. 4th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
So you've swung some tools before?
So you think you like ice climbing?
So you think you want to get after it again?
You miss the ice?
You miss the cold?
You miss the screaming barfies?
You dream cold dreams of this man?
Well have we got the trip for you!
There's not a lot of ice in SW BC, and there are even fewer places to top rope the ice that there is (without having to lead it first). This trip will be a small trip composed of a couple folks who are comfortable leading on ice, and some folks who want to get in a bunch of TR laps. THIS TRIP IS NOT ABOUT LEARNING TO LEAD. Our merry band will head off for somewhere where the ice looks good, and the rope guns are comfortable. Then we will spend Saturday and Sunday swinging tools and reflecting on the life choices that got us here.
Approximately one or two car loads, depending on how many willing leaders we get. This will be a very small group, there's not a lot of ice, so we don't want to take over a spot all weekend. People on this trip should already be comfortable with ice climbing (not necessarily leading).
TBD! Hopefully we will be car camping, but this is NOT guarenteed
Ice climbed in the past
Be able to both top rope and lead belay
Have experience winter camping in cold temps (-15)